Saturday, June 13, 2009

What happens when brownies and cookies get together??? Brookies!!







I am NEEDING to bake BIG TIME - BUT I am still not up to standing for any length of time to bake, soooooo I did the next best thing - I used a box mix - gasp - I know me use a box mix, right? I did and I'm darn proud of it! You will be too after you see the results!!! The recipe just fell into my lap and I KNEW I had to make it for dessert tonight!!! It is from Betty Crocker’s website and I will copy and paste the recipe. Take my word for it when I tell you how delicious this was. I liked it, the kids liked and the dog stole SEVERAL pieces from the kids table so I know he liked it too. We also mixed it up a bit and smothered it with ice cream, hot fudge and whipped cream. The recipe shows it iced with chocolate frosting, but I didn't have any so I just made do with what I had. Trust me when I say I don't think you will miss it a bit if you don't have any either. Okay enough of the rambling, here is the recipe....

1 box Betty Crocker® Original Supreme brownie mix (with chocolate syrup pouch)
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup water
2 eggs
1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker® chocolate chip cookie mix
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 egg
1 container Betty Crocker® Rich & Creamy chocolate frosting

1. Heat oven to 350ºF. Spray bottom only of 13x9-inch pan with cooking spray, or grease with shortening. Make brownie mix as directed on box, using oil, water and 2 eggs. Spread in pan.
2. Make cookie mix as directed on pouch, using butter and 1 egg. Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls evenly onto brownie batter; press down lightly.
3. Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted 2 inches from side of pan comes out almost clean. Cool on cooling rack 30 minutes. Frost with frosting.

Here's the link if you'd like to bookmark it for yourself. http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes.aspx/chocolate-chip-cookie-dough-brownies?Source=SearchResultPage&terms=cookie%20dough%20brownies

ENJOY!!!






2 comments:

  1. These look dangerously delicious. Two glorious worlds have collided. Cannot wait to test it out. Thanks for the post Sweets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I make my cake "balls" I always refer to them as "Cake Bites"--it has a nicer ring to it, I think! And no matter what type I make--they are a HUGE hit!! :)

    ReplyDelete