Thanks so much to all who entered and left such nice comments. I had so much fun with this, so much in fact that I think I am going to do a giveaway at least every other month - so stay tuned for more cool stuff!!!
Drum roll please............ The winner is (and please forgive the crappy iphone picture, as I have no idea how to do an actual screen shot- LOL)......
Comment #24 was Stephanie from Ice Cream Before Dinner!!! Thanks Stephanie and I'll be in touch soon!!! CONGRATS!!!!!
It was awesome to see everyone’s favorite summer time dinner and desserts! I blame you all for giving me ideas about "frozen desserts" - and I mean this in the nicest way! Thanks to all of you I ran out and bought an ice cream maker!!!! I have been asking other foodies about it, but was somewhat on the fence about it UNTIL I read all of your posts! I HAD to have one to make all of this deliciousness!!! Will thinks it's a passing fad so I need your help to prove him wrong!!!
Here are some things I learned (and want to learn!!)
* Thanks for giving me the tip about dipping the pretzels in caramel first - Yummmmmmy!!!
* I too LOVE grilling - I could grill morning, noon and night!!!
* Cookie ice cream sandwiches - Oh I MUST try these!!!
* I NEED to try more lemon desserts - ice box pie, pink lemonade pie, lemon curd - can you believe I've never had any of them?
* All of the fruit dish ideas - love them. Nothing better than a dessert disguised with fresh fruit!!! And cobblers, now why didn't I think of that? Frozen watermelon - LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that idea- genius! Shortcakes, muffins and fruit in and on pancakes - totally YUM!
* Corn on the cob - I heart you!!!
* Mango pudding - I will be bookmarking that!
* Homemade potato and macaroni salad and all of the other salads - thanks guys for helping my plan my Fourth of July menu! Nothing compliments a picnic better than those old friends!
* White chocolate ice cream - now this I must look into!!!
* Summer salsa - my husband makes some killer homemade salsa - but I think I'd like to mix it up summer style!!!
* I had to come back to say - "Better than sex cake???" Never had it before BUT sign me up!!!! Anything with that name HAS to be amazing!!!
Oh and Casey - thanks for the compliments! Trust me when I say there will be plenty more, poor old rejected photos in the weeks (or days to come). For anyone who hasn't seen it yet - Casey has a great site for the photos who get rejected at other sites. You have to check it out sometime - http://tastestopping.wordpress.com/. Even the rejects need some love too - (spoken in my best nerd voice with my finger pushing up the center of my glasses). Thanks for showing my pictures some love!!!
Thanks again to everyone for all of your great comments and for visiting my blog! I hope you all continue to check it out and enjoy it as it grows! I can't thank you all enough for all of the kind words and compliments that you have given to me so far! You all really know how to make a newbie feel welcome into the blogging world! Thanks again for all you do and for all of the hard work each and every one of you put into your own blogs! They are greatly appreciated! Thanks for sharing!